Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Scientific Experiment

I am always excited to find new products that promise to make my lashes fuller and longer, so when I saw the commercial for Loreal's new Beauty Tubes Mascara I was intrigued. When a coupon came in the Sunday paper I knew it was a sign that I needed to give it a try. After all, it would be $6 well spent to see if Loreal would actually deliver on it's claims. So here are my results.

Observation 1. The white layer (step 1) was a bit thick and chunky when applied.
Observation 2. The handles are too short to get proper application to the eyelash.
Observation 3. It feels strange to put so many layers on.
Observation 4. When washing off the "beauty tubes" there were little black lines on my wash-cloth. I think this was the mysterious tubes.
Observation 5. I noticed a difference in length from other mascara.

This photo is the "control" Cover Girl volume lash mascara.

You can decide for yourself, but I think that there was a difference and will buy it again (if there is a coupon)

5 comments:

Jessie said...

Ooo, lashy!

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the infomercial for the mascara with the rotating brush? If you call within the next 5 minutes, they'll double your order! That's right, 2 can't-live-without-it gadgets for one low price! You should definately try that one next!
DAni

El Jefe said...

I don't get any of this. It's like German. Or Hong Kong'an. You look good regardless. Stop the madness.

I'm glad I'm a guy.

JoDee said...

Check out your lashes - I'm envious...I don't think these will work for me - you probably have to HAVE some lashes there first, right?

Nicole said...

I think I have too much time on my hands.